Nobody is trapped under collapsed Obuasi building - Police
From: Ghana | Myjoyonline.com
May 30, 2013, 18:00 GMT
The District Police Commander of Obuasi, DSP Matthew Asante, has told
that no casualties have been recorded in the Obuasi building collapse.
He said per eyewitness account, there was no one in the building at the time it collapsed since all workers had closed and left.
The building collapsed Thursday evening and residents feared some persons may have been trapped.
But DSP Asante said the police, together with a team of rescuers from Anglogold Ashanti, went to the scene and worked till 10 pm on Thursday but they did not find any persons trapped under the rubble.
He said the team will continue with the rescue operations, Friday, in the hope of finding trapped persons.
He added that preliminary investigations indicate the construction of the two-storey building started late last year.
He regretted that no one is willing to provide the police with the identity of the contractor.
): Have Your Say >>
Water crisis peaks in Kpone-Katamanso - Tricyle riders cash in
Health Insurance is mandatory - Sylvester Mensah
CLOGSAG fails to turn up for crunch meeting with Labour Commision
Ghana’s 4.8% expenditure on health is extremely low – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
Cross-border rice smuggling - a big hole in Ghana’s revenue kitty
ECG’s “bad image” is due to wrong perception- Energy Consultant
Children also vulnerable to heart disease-medical officer warns
Govt urged to train health professionals to properly manage rabies
Anglican Church reunites with Christian Council
Minister tells Christians to ‘advertise’ Christ not pastors
Tools & Features
Audio on Demand
Joyonline on Twitter
Joyonline on Facebook
Joyonline on Youtube
Advertise with Us
© Copyright 2012 Myjoyonline.com All Rights Reserved.