Home > Local News
Parents of boy, 7, knocked and killed by car cry for justice
From: Ghana | Asempa News | Yaa Ayisah          Published On: May 30, 2013, 12:00 GMT
  Comments ()     Email     Print  

Audio Attachment:


Parents of boy, 7, knocked and killed by car cry for justice
Police in Madina have mounted search for Gloria Asiedu, former administrative secretary of Ghana Youth Employment and Entrepreneurial Development Agency (GYEEDA) for allegedly killing a seven year old school boy at Madina with her vehicle.

Kadijatu Alhassan, mother of Fusani Mustafa (deceased) narrating the incident on Abrabo said she was home one afternoon when she had a call that one of her twin boys had been knocked down by a vehicle on his way home from school with his siblings and had been rushed to the hospital.

According to her, her hope was in despair when she got to the hospital and saw her son with blood oozing out of his nostril and mouth. And the doctor declared him dead not long after, she narrated.

Mrs. Kadijatu said the case was then taken over by the police, and the driver of the vehicle, Gloria Asiedu was made to provide an amount of GH˘ 500.00 for the burial of the child.

After the burial of little Fusani Mustafa, Gloria is alleged to have convinced the boy’s parents to settle the case out of court for a ransom. The docket was then at the Attorney General’s office for advice.

The deceased parents later paid a visit to Gloria at her office - upon several pleadings and promises she made to them that she is ready to compensate them but when they got to her office - she asked a lady to give them an envelope and told them to go.

Upon reaching home the bereaved couple realized the amount in the envelope was GH˘200.00, so Mr. Mustafa Issah father of the deceased boy decided to call her on phone to ascertain whether that was all she intended giving them. According to them, the lady retorted rather cheekily and enquired from them whether the earlier GH˘500.00 they received was not enough.

Mr. Issah said, when all efforts to reach her on phone proved futile later on, they visited Gloria’s office to find out whether she meant what she told them on phone.

To their surprise, they were told she had left her job and had traveled to London leaving behind for them an amount of $100 and some used cloths which they refused to accept.

Months later the father of the boy Mustafa Issah called the lady’s number and it went through but she again rained insults on the poor man which led them back to the police.

Fortunately, Inspector Eric Boateng who was handling the case revealed to the deceased parents that there have been directives from the Attorney General’s office that the case should be sent to court for prosecution but several efforts to locate and reach Gloria on phone have proven futile.

According to them Gloria is on the wanted list of the police and pleaded with anyone with information on her to assist the police locate her for justice to prevail.

Comments ( ): Have Your Say >>