Home Fire guts shops in Suame Magazine
January 13, 2013, 16:38 GMT
Fire razed down about 17 shops in the Suame Magazine in the Ashanti Region on Sunday afternoon.
The fire, which started around 1:30 PM, gutted the shops before Fire Service personnel were able to bring the situation under control.
XYZ News’ Ashanti Regional Correspondent, Isaac Bediako Justice reported that, three fire tenders had to be brought in to bring the fire under control after an hour.
Even though the fire men are not certain about what might have sparked the fire, some shop owners say the fire might have emanated from one of the shops where car batteries are charged.
According to them, after power was restored following an outage, there was a spark from the shop where the charger is and they believe this might have the source of the furnace.
The Fire Service in the area have commenced investigations into the incident.
): Have Your Say >>
Water crisis peaks in Kpone-Katamanso - Tricyle riders cash in
Health Insurance is mandatory - Sylvester Mensah
CLOGSAG fails to turn up for crunch meeting with Labour Commision
Ghana’s 4.8% expenditure on health is extremely low – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
Cross-border rice smuggling - a big hole in Ghana’s revenue kitty
ECG’s “bad image” is due to wrong perception- Energy Consultant
Children also vulnerable to heart disease-medical officer warns
Govt urged to train health professionals to properly manage rabies
Anglican Church reunites with Christian Council
Minister tells Christians to ‘advertise’ Christ not pastors
Tools & Features
Audio on Demand
Joyonline on Twitter
Joyonline on Facebook
Joyonline on Youtube
Advertise with Us
© Copyright 2012 Myjoyonline.com All Rights Reserved.