Fire has gutted a house in Kukoo a suburb of Tamale in the Northern region destroying several properties worth hundreds of cedis belonging to some medical students attached to the Tamale teaching hospital.
The cause of the fire is not yet known but residents of the area believe it could be traced to the malfunctioning electrical wiring in the house.
A tenant of the house Dr Ama Akama expressed her frustration at the incident.
“I was going about my normal duties when I heard my next door neigbour screaming. So I rushed out only to see fire coming out from another neighbours room.
“Our other neighbours came round to help us. As you can see almost everything is burnt but people helped us to get some of our things out,” she lamented.
She added all her books she is reading in preparation for her exams are burnt.